Check your eligibility
You are eligible to enroll if:
- You have been issued a NIB Smart Card; and
- You are either a citizen of The Bahamas or a legal resident of The Bahamas
You need at least one (1) document from the list below to prove your residency for the last 6 months before enrollment.
- utility bill in your name (e.g., home phone, gas, electricity, cable);
- housing contract (e.g., monthly rental agreements, lease or proof of property ownership);
- unemployment assistance documentation;
- RISE programme documentation;
- designation of The Bahamas as the applicant’s permanent address on all school and/or employment records;
Complete an application form
You will have to submit a separate application form for each child and other legal dependents.
Pick your doctor
A full list of doctors registered with NHI Bahamas is available below.
Do you have a private insurance plan? You’ll need to give the name of your insurance, as well as the group ID number and your member number. Don’t worry, this is just for benefits coordination. You will not lose any benefits by submitting this information.
Enrollment forms will be processed and persons can expect to receive either confirmation of their enrollment and Primary Care Provider selection within 10 business days, or be contacted to provide additional documentation. Confirmation notices will also provide the date when each person can access Primary Care services under NHI Bahamas at no cost at point of care.
If you enrollled more than 14 days ago and haven’t heard from us, first check your junk mail or spam folder in your email. Then, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your NIB number and Submission ID, and we’ll follow up on the status of your application.
WHERE TO ENROLL
Don’t stand in line, enroll online! If you want to enroll in person, you can do so at the following locations:
Enrollment in New Providence
NHI Bahamas Building, East Street & Purpose Way, Nassau
- Open 8am-6pm Monday-Friday
- This location does not issue NIB Smart Cards
General Inquires: (242) 396-8500
Enrollments & Provider Change: (242) 396-8513